Sunday, October 10, 2010

Optometry School Decisions!!!

Jake has been traveling all over the last few weeks to interview at Optometry schools. He went to Provo to meet with someone from Houston and he got accepted there. He then went to Oregon to Pacific University and then to California to SCCO and was accepted to both schools. Where would we end up? Well we finally made a decision!!!We will be moving to California in August to start school at SCCO Fall 2011! We are very excited!

SCCO is located in Fullerton, California. This is about 35 miles outside of LA. It is located by many fun attractions! Including...
The Angles Stadium, it will be fun to see"real" baseball again! I hope they have garlic fries!


We will also be close to many beautiful beaches! It will be nice to actually be able to get some sun most of the year! We won't have to switch clothes from closet to closet as the seasons change like in Rexburg!!!

Disneyland is also super close by! I can't wait to buy a year pass and go whenever I want.
All of these wonderful attractions are within 8 miles of SCCO! We will also have a pool in the apartment complex we will live in! I am super excited! It will be a completely different environment then good old Rexburg, I just can't wait!
We are just so grateful that we know where we will be so far in advance. So many optometry students haven't interviewed yet and we already know where we will be. We have seen the hand of Heavenly Father so much in our lives over the past couple of weeks as we made this decision!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great!! Optometry, huh? I never knew that about Jake. Congrats on all the acceptances!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. That sounds like so much fun!

Richard and Allison said...

Hey that is so cool. My uncle lives in fullerton maybe we will have to come visit sometime.

JaimieA said...

I think I may need to visit you!